Education is said to be the foremost priority of every individual, it is the right of everyone to get an education so that they may attain a proper position in this modern era. It was observed from a very long time that the majority of the population isn’t happy with the education policies and many teachers were also fed up by the same syllabus and system for a long time.
In India, the policy about education was transformed in 1968 and after that, it was done in 1986. In 1992 there were very few changes seen from that of our 1986 policies and rules. Now the New Education Policy 2020 has been made and will come in the act may be from 2022 only if this pandemic ends soon.
Table of Contents
- What is the new education policy 2020?
- Now let us understand the 5+3+3+4 pattern.
- Graduation policies
- Advantages of this new education policy
- Disadvantages of this new education policy
What is the new education policy 2020?
This new education system is made by keeping the majority of perspectives from the village to that of the urban cities. The advice about this system was also taken from the panchayat level, Kasturi Ranjan (Scientist in ISRO) was also the part of this policy building authority. Every district of India was told to give their advice about this and it was the biggest committee ever made about education system in the world, keeping all this in mind the policies were made and was declared by the Ministry of Education. In this new policy, the 10+2 policy pattern got changed into 5+3+3+4 and multiple entry and exit came into play.
This 10+2 year policy means that the government will check onto you up to 12 years of your education period i.e. from the class 1st up to the 12th standard. The new policy 5+3+3+4 pattern informs me that the government will look after you for 15 years, which means the education system will start right from the age of 3 years.
It was the common observation that the children aren’t fond of going to school and thus they object or cry for not going to school because they feel school like a cage. Children are more fond of the game rather than going to school so keeping this in mind the ministry will be made a school like this so that children will fond of going to school and can perform every activity they are interested in. Now from 3 years of age these kids had to come to school and can do whatever they want so that this will improve their creativity level.
Now let us understand the 5+3+3+4 pattern.
- This policy state that your schooling life will start from 3 years of age, earlier we used to get into the 1st standard at the age of 6. The first 5 is termed as the Foundation stage in which the child will get into the school from the age of 3 and this 5-year foundation stage the first 3 years will only mean as playschool. The rest of the 2 years will be the 1st & 2nd standard of schooling. In this foundation stage, no exam will be conducted and thus children are free to enjoy their childhood without any load of exams.
- The next stage of 3 years is termed as a preparatory stage, in which the students will be promoted to 3rd standard without conduction any examination. In this stage the student will be in 3rd, 4th, 5th This stage will involve a syllabus so that the activities help the student to study and make them innovative. In this stage, the students will be taught in their mother language such as Marathi, Punjabi, Gujrati, etc. so that they may easily get to know what they are taught. This rule is not mandatory and thus will work as per the school and their norms. In this stage, the exam will be conducted by the school.
- The next 3 years is the middle stage from the 6th to the 8th standard of schooling life. In this stage, many new norms will be implemented. The students will be given the idea about computational coding and Microsoft has also made many software’s to train the student at that level and this is used in foreign countries. They will also be trained with the vocational courses such as sewing, knitting, cooking, etc. as per their interest. The rest of the subjects will be as per that were before but a new subject about any Indian language will come into account in this 3 year of phase.
- This 4-year stage is said as a secondary stage in which we will complete the 9th to 12th standard of the education level. In this every year the students have to give the exam in semester wise pattern and thus the students will have a pressure of exams every 6 months and they will get a quality education from the school level itself. In this stage, the students don’t opt for any sort of stream and thus are replaced by the multiple subject option. This option let the student choose the subjects of their interest and thus will keep their study level to a higher level. The students thus will be guided and addressed to the critical thinking mind process so that they may think something more innovative and of their interest. The foreign language will also be taught to the student in this phase but only the Mandarin language of China will not be listed in this.
Now there might be thought in everyone’s mind that for how many years will the graduation last for. Now the graduation period is set up to 4 years only but many changes are made into it which are as follows:
- Now there will be no system of the stream so you will be only called a graduate. If you complete the first year only and want to get out of this then you will be provided with a Graduation certificate. If you pursue it for 2 years only then you will get a Graduate in diploma. For 3 years of completion, you will get a degree of graduation and from this, you can apply for the job from the institute if you want. If you continue with the 4th year also than you will get a Graduation in research.
- If you want to pursue a government job or apply for any vacancies then you have to get a minimum of 3 years of the graduate degree certificate.
- If the students want to continue with their study than they must complete 4 years of the graduate program and then their Post-Graduation will be complete in only 1 year.
- There is a re-entry program for those students who had to pursue a certificate or a diploma in graduation can carry on with their study any time they want.
- If a degree holder student wants to pursue post-graduation than they have to invest 2 years to get their master’s degree.
- Phil. has been canceled in this policy and the Ph.D. will be of 4 years as of before.
Advantages of this new education policy
- The government has declared an education budget as 6% of the GDP, earlier it was about 3% from that of GDP.
- It was observed that the private school used to have a very big amount for a fee, so the government has decided that they will set norms and boundaries for such schools and will be classified as per the category allotted to them.
- Students are allotted with the vocational subjects so that they will have a piece of good practical knowledge as per their interest.
- The result of every student will not only depend on marks but there are also many parameters such as the self-assessment, marks allotted by the students in the class, and the teachers as per their behavior. This will help them to behave properly with each other and also make them wise men in the future.
- The top 50 foreign universities can also open up their branches in India; these universities are free from the security money deposit to the government.
Disadvantages of this new education policy
- The importance of English as a teaching language has been reduced as compared to the present education system.
- There will be a central body to look up to all the decision making body and the state government have to accept it.
- There can also be options allotted to students to give feedback to the teachers so that teachers will also perform their duty without involving in any further activities.