There is a high odds that you are visiting Yelp when you search for a restaurant cafe or any other service provider reviews. It is one of those typical places people surely visit when searching for a local business online. But it is surely much more than just that. Here we have put together everything that you need to know. But before that, let’s have a brief intro to it to know it better.
What Is Yelp, And How Does It Work?
Yelp is a popular online directory founded in 2004 to discover local businesses starting from restaurants, cafes to gas stations and spas. The app listings are sorted by business type, and results are filtered via geographical location, price range, and other unique features, including the ability to accept reservations.
Yelp has a strong social aspect, encouraging its users to write reviews and rate the place based on their experience. You can search Yelp or visit the app store of the smart devices to access the app.
How To Write A Review On Yelp?
Writing reviews on Yelp is pretty the same irrespective of the mode chosen, be it writing using the app or the official website. Here’s what you need to do;
- Search for the business name you desire to review via the search bar and select it.
- Select the write a review option.
- You would notice a five gray-out start icon. Select them and rate the business.
- Subsequently, type the written review in the space given.
- Select upload if you are willing to attach images to the review. (make sure you give the app access to use your camera when using the app to write a review.
- Recheck your content if you desire to add/remove photos or change the written content or ratings.
- Once done, select post review.
Keep in mind that your review might be immediately visible on the business profile, but the picture uploaded might take a day-long as they need to be processed before publication.
How To Add A Business On Yelp?
It’s sometimes difficult to find the correct listing for a business on Yelp. And there can be multiple reasons for this, ranging from changing business addresses to simply not making up to the app. Thankfully, adding business to Yelp is no rocket science. Thus anyone can do so, even the businesses, by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Yelp app and select the more icons present on the bottom right.
- Select Add Business option.
- Select the option, I work at the business or business owner, depending upon the status.
- Fill in all the much-needed information of the business.
- Once done filling in, hit the send button. Subject to the validation of your application, your business would take a day or two to go live on the Yelp app and website. However, if your application is rejected, you have the liberty to refill the application again.
Yelp has been a popular review site from its very inception in 2004. Considering the power of mouth-to-mouth review, having your business registered in Yelp can take your business to certain new heights. Thus make sure you follow the steps mentioned above and list your business on Yelp immediately. Taking SEO services from King Kong will help you easily register your business on yelp.