It’s worthwhile to teach your kids to cook; it’s a terrific way for them to learn new skills while also spending quality time together. This Rice and Curry Shrimp WordPress dish is simple enough even for tweens and adolescents to prepare. It has very refreshing flavors and may be served as a main course without the shrimp. I didn’t go crazy with the curry powder, but if you want a stronger curry taste, up the amount to 1 Tablespoon. Those who dislike cilantro (you obviously know who you really are) can substitute fresh parsley as a garnish, but you’ll be missing on.
Children learn to respect food by learning how to make a meal. They go from being consumers to being producers. They have an easier time grasping the concept of healthy eating and recognizing the quality of the ingredients they use to cook meals. Also, kids, even teens to are fond of desserts, see Desserts to enjoy in the summer season.
I kept my kid out of the kitchen until lately. I was scared that something bad might happen to her, such as sliced fingers, a bath in boiling water, or 2 kg of flour strewn across the floor. The most dreadful sights are imaginable. My daughter intended to prepare something great for the entire family after the previous weekend, but it came out entirely different.
First and first, it was delectable; second, there was no mess.
Before you begin cooking with your child, find a dish that will be simple to make for a young chef. The most crucial thing is for the child to be able to actively engage in the cooking process rather than simply observe how we do it since this would rapidly tire them. Ask your child what he or she wants to cook; this will give them confidence and the impression that you value their viewpoint.
Make sure the toddler has easy access to the worktop before you begin. Prepare all essential equipment and put on aprons after washing your hands.
You’re all set to get to work!
- 2 cups rice (basmati or jasmine)
How to prepare it?
Scoop the rice into a strainer and cover it with cold water. Then pour it all into the cooker with a 2:1 water-to-rice ratio, or twice as much water as rice. Cover and cook on a medium flame and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 2 tablespoon freshly lemongrass, 1/2 tablespoon dry lemongrass
- 1/2 (half) chili peppers
- two garlic cloves
- lime juice, 2 tablespoons
- a handful of coriander leaves
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tblsp. pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 2 tblsp soy sauce (recommended)
- 1 loose sesame oil
- Shrimps (400 g)
- coconut milk, 400 mL (1 can)
- green peas (200 g)
How to prepare it?
1. We chop off the tips of fresh lemongrass and remove the hard outer leaves if using fresh lemongrass. We put the stalks in the mixer after crushing them in a mortar.
2. If you’re using dried lemongrass, toss it into the mixer right away.
3. Chili peppers, peeled garlic, lime juice, chopped coriander, red pepper, peeled ginger, tomato puree, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil are all added. We make a paste out of everything.
4. Pour the curry paste into the pan after sprinkling it with olive oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. After that, add the coconut milk.
5. Everything is cooked for around 10 minutes, till the sauce thickens and decreases somewhat.
6. Finally, heat for about 2-3 minutes with the shrimp and green peas.
7. While serving, garnish with chopped fresh coriander. Curry is ready to eat.
This is how to prepare Rice and Curry Shrimp WordPress. Serve the rice beside the bowl of curry on a dish. The meal can also be served in a bowl together.
RELISH THE MEAL!