You must save your broadcasts then connect your YouTube account to your Twitch account in order to export your videos from Twitch to YouTube. The steps outlined in this post will show you how to upload twitch videos to YouTube.
Though YouTube allows almost everything to be streamed or uploaded, Twitch is the streaming hub of the video game community. They have built a great name for themselves, and they are not going anywhere.
Even though Twitch has dedicated game streaming features like YouTube Gaming, their loyal fan base isn’t affected by this because it isn’t competing with them for the same fan base.
What most content creators have in common is that they’re all located all over the world. To attempt to win fans on every platform, each group aims to reach everyone from Twitch streamers to YouTubers.
Table of Contents
- What is it about Twitch that makes it so popular?
- How do you record Twitch VODs?
- How to upload twitch videos to YouTube?
- Do you think it’s a good idea to upload Twitch VODs to YouTube?
What is it about Twitch that makes it so popular?
More than 15 million people visit Twitch each day, making it one of the most popular sites in the world.
The amount of children and teens that play video games is increasing as well as the popularity of live streaming on Twitch.
Just chatting 80.7 million hours of viewers spent time on Twitch in December of 2019, according to the data obtained by Stream Elements, a streaming platform for digital media streams. It is a type of Twitch stream where the users perform an assortment of different activities, alongside one other category.
Sponsorships and collaborative stream deals are additional revenue streams for streamers. On the platform, the most popular user is known as “Ninja” and has more than 11 million followers. He reportedly earns over $500,000 every month.
Gamers from all over the world can watch online live streams of the major international tournaments of popular games like Dota 2 for free. Streamers can use their own languages for streaming. Also, it is possible to broadcast a single match in multiple languages. Users can interact with steamer characters as they play, and post reactions, opinions, and interests on the website.
In general, Twitch offers various types of content, such as cooking and crafts tutorials, as well as music performances, which people Livestream for an audience.
Over the past two years, Twitch has grown from a simple video-streaming platform to a whole community of streamers who unite with each other.
How do you record Twitch VODs?
VOD is another name for our on-demand video section on Twitch. It will save a copy of your live broadcasts as well as store them.
Unlike YouTube, Twitch is focused on live streaming; however, some of your die-hard fans might miss out if you stream without recording it for VOD. Alternatively, if you or your editors have published your VOD, they can catch up by watching it later.
Highlights and Clips can also be pulled from your VOD.
This feature is amazing, but it has a drawback. Your VODs are stored for only 14 days on Twitch. To be removed, these days will be considered “automatically deleted.”
YouTube Gaming’s growth has reduced interaction between the platform and YouTube. To the best of our knowledge, the feature has been removed. We have no news of it being added in the foreseeable future.
How to upload twitch videos to YouTube?
Here How to upload Twitch videos to YouTube is as follows:
- Access the site in your internet browser by opening up Twitch. The address bar needs to have the string “https://www.twitch.tv” in it, and you need to hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Select the top-right of your profile to go to your profile details. Your photo will be shown on the purple navigation bar in the upper-right of the screen. Clicking on it will open a drop-down menu.
- The “Video Producer” option is available in the drop-down menu. After the “Video Producer” option has been clicked, a new page is opened where your videos can be hooked up.
- You’re now ready to upload. This panel is designed to enable drag-and-drop video placement.
- Select the video that you want to upload. You can view the video you’re after by clicking “Open.”
- You will be able to watch the video upload on Twitch once you click the “Open” button.
- Editing the metadata information of your video will help you improve your work. As you are uploading your video, you can add tags, titles, descriptions, categories, and even subtitles to the video description.
- On the upper-right side of the information pop-up, click the “Save Changes” button. All of your data, including your title, description, tags, and other information, will be saved by clicking on the “Save data” button. Your video will appear on the Video Maker website once it has been uploaded.
- In the drop-down menu to the right of the “Schedule Premiere” button, select the purple option. Drop-down menus will open.
- Publish without Premiere, which is the lower-left button. Your video’s metadata will appear on the right side of the page. As well as editing the video’s title and description before publishing, you can do so here as well.
- When you have finished your work, click on the purple “Publish” button. With this, your video will be made public in the Video tab.
Do you think it’s a good idea to upload Twitch VODs to YouTube?
You can use the fact that your VODs are stored on Twitch to your advantage by uploading them to YouTube. Getting your content in front of your fans’ eyes is advantageous. We again stress the importance of focusing on the stream highlights or significant announcements.
Include a link to your Twitch channel so that your viewers can locate and support your channel.
For affiliates and partners, be sure to wait 24 hours before you post a stream to YouTube in order to stay in compliance with Twitch’s Terms of Service.
Though the process of exporting Twitch videos to YouTube is no longer automated, you can still manually download them.
Also read: How to view all your subscribers on YouTube?