For everyone, eyes are an essential part of their body. We can see this beautiful world only because of the eyes. If your eyes are not healthy, then they become weak and glasses become mandatory. With growing age, weakening of eyes is a different thing, but nowadays this problem has become a common thing even among children of young age.
The main reason for your eyes getting weak is the loosening of muscles. After working on the computer all day and then running mobile, eyes get tired. This makes the muscles of the eyes weak. This makes the muscles of the eyes weak. Bacteria, infection, watering the eyes, eyes turning red from seeing mobile for a while and vision defects, etc are such effects of weakening eyes. If these muscles are kept healthy, then your eyes do not become weak.
You can keep your eyes healthy through yoga. By doing yoga, you can prevent your eyesight from getting reduced. By doing yoga, both your myopia and the far-sight defect can be cured. Therefore, yoga should be done for half to one hour daily, this helps to get rid of other diseases of your body. Yoga gives new energy to your life.
Table of Contents
- Yoga for Healthy Eyes
- 1. Blink your eyes – yoga for eyes, the blink of eyelids
- 2. Palming yoga for increasing eyesight –
- 3. Sarvangasana to increase eyesight
- 4. Tratkasana for increasing eyesight
- Steps of doing Tratkasana
- 5. Front and sideways viewing yoga for eyesight –
- 6. Pranayama for increasing eyesight –
- 7. Rotational viewing for increasing eyesight –
- 8. Near and distant viewing yoga To increase eyesight
- 9. Up and down viewing yoga-
Yoga for Healthy Eyes
To keep the muscles of the eyes strong, we are giving you some asanas (Yoga for EyeSight) below which you can make your eyes sharp by doing them regularly.
If you want to keep your eyes healthy then you should blink your eyelids. We forget to blink the eyelids due to prolonged use of electronic devices, running mobiles, etc.
- First, sit comfortably in someplace.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Then blink your eyelashes at least 10 times as quickly.
- After this keep your breath normal and rest for about 20 seconds.
- Now repeat the same process again. Can do this asana 5 times.
2. Palming yoga for increasing eyesight –
Heat the eyes with hands to increase eye light. Palming is a very good yogasana to keep the eyes healthy and increase their light. To do this:
- To do this asana, first, sit in a cool place. For this, you can sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Now close your eyes and deep breath for a while.
- Now rub the palms of both your hands for 10 to 15 seconds or until they become hot.
- When your palms become hot, keep them gently above your eyes.
- When the heat of your hands reaches the eyes, you can remove your hands.
- Repeat this process at least three to four times.
3. Sarvangasana to increase eyesight
Doing yoga is very beneficial for the protection of the eyes, for this, you can do Sarvangasana. It also helps in increasing the light of your eyes.
- Lie on your back to do this asana.
- Place both your hands next to the torso and keep the palms down.
- Support your waist with your hands.
- Stay upright in this position and keep your weight on your shoulders.
- Now slowly release the waist and legs while exhaling.
4. Tratkasana for increasing eyesight
If you want to keep your eyes healthy, then you should do yoga for this, because your muscles of the eyes remain strong and their light also remains. You can do Tratkasana for the eyes, this is a very useful posture because this makes your eyes light faster.
Steps of doing Tratkasana
- Tratkasana should be done at night as far as possible. But you can also do this posture in the morning.
- If you do this posture during the day, then turn off the light of your room and darken the room before doing it. And burn only one candle and sit in pranayama posture.
- Now without blinking your eyelids, keep watching this burning candle.
- After this, close your eyes and pronounce high in a loud voice.
- After doing this for some time, rub the palms of your hands together, and after touching the warm palms on the eyes, slowly open your eyes.
- Practice this asana at least three times.
5. Front and sideways viewing yoga for eyesight –
Look at the front and side to increase eyesight.
- Sit comfortably, and stretch your legs ahead of you.
- Now put both your hands on the knees in front.
- With the left hand closed, turn the thumb upwards.
- Now keep your eyes on the thumb while exhaling.
- Now breathe in and look in the side.
- Now repeat the same with the other hand. After 5-5 times, close the eyes and relax.
6. Pranayama for increasing eyesight –
Do pranayama to increase eyesight. Pranayama is a very good posture, you should do it regularly, by doing this, your body stays healthy, your breathing also works well and it also increases your eyesight.
- To do this yoga, sit down in the method.
- After this, close the right nostril with the ring finger or small finger of your right hand. And breathe through the right nostril.
- Now close your right nostril with your thumb and breathe with the other nostril.
- Now press your chin near the chest and then try to hold the breath for some time.
- Repeat this process 5 to 7 times.
7. Rotational viewing for increasing eyesight –
To remove eye diseases, focus your vision in one place by moving the eyes around.
- First of all, sit in a quiet place with both legs spread.
- Place both your hands on the knees.
- Now make a fist of your right hand and keep the thumb upwards.
- Turn your right hand upwards.
- Now focus your vision on your fist.
- Make a circle by rotating your hands circularly and while doing this keep your eyesight on your thumb.
- Repeat this yoga in the clockwise direction and vice versa 5-5 times.
- Now with your hand down, open the fist. And repeat this process by making a second-hand fist.
8. Near and distant viewing yoga To increase eyesight
Do this yoga to get rid of the near and far vision of your eyes.
- For this yoga, you should sit near an open place or window.
- Straighten your head and keep both hands in your lap.
- Now, look at a focal point for about 5 to 10 seconds. And then exhale.
- Now, look at the tip of your nose for about 5 to 10 seconds. And breathe in.
- Practice this process at least 10 to 15 times.
- Now close your eyes and rest for some time.
9. Up and down viewing yoga-
Yoga for eyes, eyes down.
- Sit with your legs spread forward.
- Now keep your head and spine straight.
- Place your hands above the knees.
- Now make the fist of the hands and keep the thumbs upwards.
- Now raise the right-hand thumb and keep the sight on it.
- Now bring the arm slowly downwards.
- Now repeat the same process with the other hand.
- Do this asana 5-5 times with both hands, then close the eyes and relax.
NOTE- Before doing yoga for eyes, remember that you wash your eyes with cold water. Apart from this, keep the spine and head of your body very straight. You can know more about yoga asana posture by joining 300-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.