Did you know there is an expiry date for your tweets? Here is a blog post where we speak about ‘How to archive Twitter account’.
One thing we must understand that they never get lost from your own Twitter stream, but in a matter of days, they are unsearchable. Originally, the tweets were saved for 30 days; as Twitter gained in popularity, however, the “time limit” has fallen significantly.
The limit for search Twitter’s date search was previously set at about 1.5 weeks but is now dynamic, and will fluctuate depending on the number of tweets published each day.
Using a Screenshot to Take a Snapshot of a Twitter Account
Capture tweets and pictures to analyze Twitter data can seem at first to be a good option, but the application of this approach comes with problems:
No way to establish its veracity, which means the screenshots will fail to fulfill federal rules of evidence and will not satisfy a judge. If it was a screenshot, then a witness will be required to back it up with a picture. There is a significant risk that the other side will doubt the image’s validity in court.
It is simple to screenshot one tweet, but challenging, time-consuming, and error-prone to screenshot the entire account.
When you have a screenshot of a tweet, it can be removed. While you have managed to put a metadata tag on your creation, this will make it difficult to show as evidence. Are you able to provide a traceable or a reasonable account of a screenshot of a message appearing on someone’s account?
Additionally, when it comes to legal matters and compliance audits, static images are suboptimal. Downloading an archive of the account from Twitter is a good alternative.
Get a Twitter feed
To download and view your Twitter archive, follow these steps:
- Click on the profile name at the top of the page, and then click Settings to access your profile settings.
- Start looking for your archive.
- You will receive an email when your download is ready. If you go to your download settings, you will see a link to confirm your Twitter email address.
- To access your Twitter account, and download your archive, click on the Login button and then, once you’ve submitted your request, begin downloading the .zip file.
- Select “Open the archive” from the Files of the drop-down menu and open the index.html file in the browser of your choice.
Free tools to archive tweets
Official Twitter Archive (Free)
On Twitter, you can download your archived Tweets. There is a setting for it in Your Twitter account in your profile.
In the CSV output, you can separate each date, text, and shortened URL column to get great search and sorting capabilities. For instance, sort by URL!
Tweet Archive is the hashtag archive of all Tweets that endures! That’s the service you want: a one-stop resource center for your event can be built.
Once you’ve signed in, create an event by selecting a profile, adding a hashtag, and a short description. That works if you create once or repeat it.
FollowerAnalysis can provide a cost-effective way for you to gain quick and comprehensive access to Twitter data for any specific target. If you’re seeking a cost-effective service, they can accommodate all of your needs.
When you download the application, it will allow you to see how much one of your tweets has been retweeted, replied to, quoted, and liked.
This report includes other things such as:
- More than 3,200 recent tweets
- We need an Excel/CSV list of followers and followers for that.
- highly detailed, quantitative PDF reports
- advanced metrics