As Facebook’s ability to scan timelines through graph search evolves, we will see “How do I get to My Timeline on Facebook?”, I’ll start testing and give an update regarding Facebook search functionality at the bottom, so make sure to read it all the way through. If you have any more concerns, please leave them in the comments section and I will do my best to assist you.
One of the features of Facebook’s recently revamped search graph was the ability to search for posts by a particular user or even posts made by yourself. The point was to build it so you would not have had to sift through numerous posts on your Facebook timeline to identify the one you wanted. I also advise you to buy essay for college be more free while studying and have more time to sort out the issue with Facebook timeline.
So, I figured I’d put together a quick tutorial as to how to find on Facebook in the hopes of assisting others.
Table of Contents
- How do I get to My Timeline on Facebook?
- Who can see my Timeline on Facebook?
- Why the Post I Made is not Showing Up on My timeline on Facebook?
- How do you go to someone’s timeline on Facebook?
- Can I hide my timeline on Facebook?
How do I get to My Timeline on Facebook?
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on your name where your profile picture is also displaying (For reference see below image)
3. You will be redirected to your Facebook timeline.
Who can see my Timeline on Facebook?
Here’s a rundown about who can see your profiles and the resources you can use to manage what you post on your timeline on Facebook.
The big picture:
- To update stuff like where you’ve lived or your family and relationships, go to About below your cover photo, then click three dots symbol edit next to the information you want to change. Choose who you want to share this information with by using the viewer selector next to it.
- Your username, profile image, cover photos, sexuality, email, user ID (account number), and networks are all public information that everyone can see (learn why).
- Your timeline will only be updated by you and your mates. When you post content, you will use the viewer filter to control who sees it. You can decide who sees what some other people post on your homepage by setting the limit on the Who will see what others display on your timelines environment.
Keep in mind:
- You may use the audience selector to control who sees what when you edit the information.
- By turning on timeline analysis, you can accept or dismiss photographs, updates, and app events that you’ve been tagged in until they appear on your timeline. Remember that you will also be branded, and tagged information (e.g., a screenshot or a post) is shared with the public that the person who uploaded it chose to see it in other sites on Facebook (e.g. News Feed and search).
- Set a limit on who can see updates on your timeline that you’ve been tagged on.
- Using the View As a guide to see how your profile appears to others.
Why the Post I Made is not Showing Up on My timeline on Facebook?
Sometimes, the post you made doesn’t show up on your timeline on Facebook. This might be happening due to various reasons.
Here what to do, when the Post I Made is not Showing Up on My Timeline on Facebook:
- Log out of Facebook by selecting “Logout” from the arrow in the top right corner.
- If you’re using a tablet, clear the cookies and cache.
- Make sure the program or browser you’re using is the most recent version;
- Restart your machine or phone if necessary.
- If you’re using a tablet, uninstall and reinstall the app;
- Re-enter your Facebook credentials and try again.
How do you go to someone’s timeline on Facebook?
There are a variety of opportunities to look at someone’s timeline. Of course, many people (also known as Facebook stalkers) scour people’s timelines for photos, messages, dating histories, and other information in order to learn everything they can about their lives. Although it is a good justification to do this, at the Online Business Realm, we like to limit our usage to business purposes. If you’re searching for a particular article, this feature will save you a lot of time and effort.
If you ask users whether they want to search someone else’s or their own timeline or look at something that was written years ago, there may be hundreds of explanations. However, there are a few points worth mentioning. Facebook has not only taken people closer together, but it has also served as a platform for multinational companies to cooperate and form closer business relationships without regard for national borders.
A new “fast scan” feature will help you sift through hundreds or thousands of posts to find just what you’re searching for. The key to this feature is that it is only available on desktop computers… If you want to use this feature, put your phones down and take a seat at your desk. To do so, go to the timeline of the person you want to search. Simply navigate down the list until you’ve arrived at their page. You’ll see a menu appear on the top left of your screen after scrolling down a little bit.
Can I hide my timeline on Facebook?
While Facebook can be a wonderful way to communicate with others, it can also feel overly public at times. There are many privacy tools you can use to lock down your details on Facebook if you wish to make it less public. You will block strangers from reading your posts and cover all of your profile details by going through your Facebook settings. You will briefly disable your account if you need to fully mask your profile. Until you reactivate, all of your data will be protected, but it will be shielded from anyone on Facebook.
Here How do you hide your timeline on Facebook?
Method 1: Changing Your Privacy Options
- Log into your Facebook account.
- On the Facebook tab, click the arrow in the upper-right corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Privacy” from the left-hand menu.
- Hide the tags and posts.
- Next to “Who will see your upcoming posts?” click “Edit.” You’ll be able to adjust the audience on who will see what you share as a result of this.
- To make all of your posts private, choose “Just Me.” This would prohibit someone other than yourself from reading any updates you make. You can choose from a variety of categories, such as Close Friends or personalized lists, but keep in mind that anybody who can see your posts can share them with their friends.
- Select “Limit Past Posts” from the drop-down menu. This tool can convert your old posts to Buddies Only manually. This will restrict who can access what you’ve already shared. You’ll need to select each specific post and manually update the audience to “Only Me” if you’d like to switch the viewer to “Only Me.”
Method 2: Deactivate your account
- If you want to cover your profile for a moment, deactivate it.
- Select “Settings” from the arrow button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select “Security” from the drop-down menu.
- Next to “Deactivate Your Account,” click “Edit.”
- Follow the prompts after clicking the “Deactivate your account” icon.
- To get your account back, sign up again.
Authority Hunter also covered the topics about Where do I find my timeline on Facebook and How to filter & manage timeline posts.
Also read: Embed YouTube Live Stream on Facebook