Life is a bundle of happiness mixed with a roller coaster of experiences ranging from excitement to depression, good news to problems. As such, humans are responsible for carrying on with their lives and trying to make a problematic situation better through their efforts and actions. Some problems extend to court cases, and the need for an unpaid overtime lawyer may be inevitable to avoid. As is known, the time the term unpaid gets attached to any sentence, it becomes an even more difficult situation.
In the world of employees and employers, there is something called wage theft, which refers to the situation when the employees are bereft of their stated amount by the employer or the person who has hired them. This refusal to pay the employees their income is a violation of the law.
As with any other employees, lawyers, too, expect payment in time and get paid for every effort they put in the case. Moreover, it is human nature to desire to get paid during sick leaves and other such emergencies. The income-earning potential of the individual may get negatively hampered.
To avoid falling into this bankrupt situation, most people tend to avoid working in conditions that do not earn them a single income. Therefore, by now, you must have gained a little insight into how difficult it is to find a lawyer who will work overtime and that too, without receiving any payment. But to clear away your worries, here is a small guide to making this seemingly impossible situation a bit possible for you.
Things to know
Before you begin to hire an unpaid overtime lawyer for your case, it is important to remember some points.
- As stated earlier, you will have to ensure that the law concerning unpaid wages is what you are abiding by. In a failure to do so, you may only end up causing more problems and those concerned with the law department, which everyone should look to avoid.
- Every state has its minimum wage law, and there are also laws established for employers concerned with times when they can release less payment to the employees. Make sure you go through all these rules and details properly and then implement them correctly and wisely.
- In all cases, you must avoid wage theft as it is not only something that will affect the employees’ career and life in general, but it is also your duty as a human to feel guilty in any such action.
These are some of the essential tips you will need to remember before hiring a lawyer who will agree to work overtime with you without payment. Now when it comes to finding one, the following steps will serve you as a help.
Finding a lawyer
- Since this is a generation of the internet, checking out online websites and platforms can come in very handy for you. Just type salario impago abogado de tiempo extra on the internet and also add you’re a concerned city in the search. Following this, you will receive plenty of results regarding the same.
- You can check out all these results and try to select a lawyer from all of these options. Some lawyers may want to do this, especially when they are freelancers or experienced ones too. They want to serve humanity and do good for their people. Therefore, take their help when it is sought out for.
- You have to ensure that you provide them with other facilities and give them breaks for meals or any other reason.
If you still do not get a lawyer, you can file a claim stating that you will not pay the wage to the employee for the concerned reason, and you will need to submit it to the law.