In India, Chandigarh is a well-liked tourist attraction. The city of Chandigarh has several tourist attractions that appeal to both leisure and business travellers. Visitors to this stunning tourist location are captivated by Chandigarh’s beauty, and it has become one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. One of the finest-designed towns in India. Chandigarh hotels are the best to spend your time and make you feel at home. Let us look at the various places that everyone should visit in Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh’s Sukhna Lake is a sizable reservoir and typical rain-fed lake situated in the Shivalik hills at the foot of the Himalayas. By damming the Sukhna Choe, a seasonal stream that rises from the Shivalik Hills, this 3-square-kilometre lake was created in 1958. Photographers and painters regularly use their skills to capture the magnificent grandeur of the setting sun, the lake vista, the severely cloudy monsoon sky, or the early morning mist in winter. Dawn and twilight walkers maintain a fitness and walking programme. Families occasionally go for a stroll.
On Sukhna Lake, you may do water skiing, sailing, rowing, sculling, and boating all year long. This lake draws a great deal of migratory wildlife throughout the winter, including Siberian ducks, storks, and cranes. This lake has been designated a protected national wetland by the Indian government. The “Mango Festival,” which is celebrated in the summer or monsoon and has a variety of mangoes on display to the public, is one of several celebratory events that are often conducted in Sukhna Lake. Here, throughout the year, are hosted additional annual gourmet festivals that feature food from other Indian states or from outside together with cultural entertainment.
- The goal of this gallery is to support emerging artists. The Kid Art Gallery in Chandigarh features the imaginative works of young artists and was created especially for young brains. Young children’s imaginations are astonishing. In addition to displaying its works, it also hosts monthly art workshops for kids and students, which helps the next generation learn new approaches and techniques in this field. This Gallery is famous for offering a special area for remarkable children to display their creative abilities and ingenuity.
- A unique theme park covering 7 acres in Chandigarh’s Sector 26 on a narrow lane in front of Strawberry Fields School is called Butterfly Park. This park is open to visitors every day of the year and offers a wide variety of butterflies and other animals. There are many different kinds of trees, plants, and vines throughout the park, as well as a tiny pond with lotus flowers. From March through October, warm summer days are the best times to watch butterflies. To give butterflies an appropriate habitat, extra effort has been done.
- The International Dolls Museum, located in Chandigarh, is one of the best museums in the nation. It was established in 1985 by Mr Rajendra K. Saboo, a member of the Rotary club. Through a separate part devoted to dolls representing important Indian dancing traditions, it sheds light on the cultural variety of India. The primary objective of the museum is to amuse children, thus wonderful dolls and puppets from all over the world are on show. This amazing museum is decorated with about 250 exquisite dolls from countries including Germany, Spain, Denmark, and the Netherlands. Another wonderful and entertaining activity that to the appeal of the museum is the toy train, which offers children a spectacular excursion.
Children will also like the dolls that feature some of their favourite fairy tale characters, including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ali Baba, and the Forty Thieves. Another eye-catching feature in the exhibition area is the enormous scale model of a German train station. Because of the remodelling work, the museum is now worth more and attracts more people because of its stunning furnishings and welcoming environment. As a result, kids should visit the museum.
- The main gods of this ISKCON temple are Lord Krishna and Radharani. The Hare Krishna movement, also known as the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, has a temple that is a place of worship for followers of the organisation. This ISKCON temple was constructed with the intention of promoting Bhakti Yoga across the world, with actions and thoughts dedicated to Lord Krishna’s reconciliation. It is a huge structure with a sizable number of chambers in the backyard for temple priests.
The Big Hall within is frequently heard chanting Hare Krishna and participating in kirtans. Each day, twenty-four qualified priests are supposed to offer six aartis and six comparable bhoga offerings to the temple gods. It is a beautiful, magnificent temple that is crammed to the gills with fervent admirers and devotees during special occasions like Janmashtami. The backyard of the temple has a garden and a guest house.
- One of Chandigarh’s most impressive and well-known tourist destinations is the Capitol Complex. It is situated in Sector 1 and is one of Chandigarh’s most well-known tourist destinations. Both the Haryana and Punjab governments have their capitals in the Chandigarh Capitol Complex. The Assembly, Secretariat, and High Court are its three constituent sections. It is possible to terminate the complex’s geometrically arranged concrete buildings as an architectural wonder or marvel as they gracefully protrude from the ground.
Le Corbusier, a renowned architect and designer, is credited with creating the stunning architectural design of the Capitol Complex. The complex’s preliminary plan calls for a fourth building to be added to the three already present ones that house the Secretariat, the High Court, and the Legislative Assembly. The Raj Bhavan or a Museum of Knowledge will be housed in the fourth building. These plans, however, have not come to fruition, but the attraction continues to be a stunning sight to see. However, the three still-standing Capitol Complex structures stand brilliantly as monuments to democracy in a modern, independent India.
From the above article, people can understand that Chandigarh is an amazing place to visit and enjoy their time. People can choose from the best hotels in Chandigarh to spend quality time.